Ford built three versions of its famous “Rotunda.” The first one in Chicago for the 1934 World’s Fair, the second a year later in San Diego, and a final version in Dearborn, MI where it was redesigned in 1952. It was the fifth most popular tourist attraction in the country until it was destroyed by fire in 1962.
You will soon see a fourth iteration of the famous Ford icon at the Early Ford V-8 Museum in Auburn, IN when the museum expands from its current 8,000 sq. ft. to over 27,000 sq. ft. A contractor has been hired and will begin construction this summer with a schedule to have the building enclosed by November.
The museum specializes in the 1932-53 Ford era, which includes Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, commercial vehicles, tractors and Ford Industrial engines. It also houses artifacts, memorabilia, technical displays, literature and tools, as well as a collection of vehicles. This is the only museum that is dedicated to this era, and it is continuing to grow!